SmartReFlex: The way to 100% renewable district heating and cooling
With the ever growing concerns on climate change and pollution on the one hand and the availability of clean and efficient technologies on the other hand, reaching a 100% renewable energy sources (RES) share in district heating and cooling (DHC) systems is today a possible and somehow necessary choice.
By involving 6 Regions in 4 different European countries (see map below), the SmartReFlex project, supported within the Intelligent Energy Europe programme, developed tools, concepts and practical local experiences on the topic of renewable DHC, to be shared with all the interested stakeholders: Regional authorities and local communities (residents, commercial and industrial enterprises), district heating and cooling suppliers, utilities, contractors, component suppliers, service providers and other professionals, policy makers at all levels.
What is SmartReFlex offering to you? You can have a look directly at the project results page in English.
In order to practically support all the stakeholders, SmartReFlex has developed the following tools, documents and results, all of them available on this website:
- Guide for regional authorities: Knowledge and inspiring examples on RES DHC for Local Authorities and communities – residents, commercial and industrial enterprises.
- Recommendations for setting up a task force on RES DHC: How to effectively involve all local stakeholders for carrying out a fruitful process towards 100% RES DHC.
- 6 regional strategies: Action plans for 100% RES DHC in the participating Regions.
- Training material: more than 500 people were trained through national workshops on three different topics (design & planning, technical issues, organization and financing).
- 20 case studies: Feasibility studies on real plants at local level and / or policies on RES DHC.
Technical aspects Organizational aspects
Workshop - "Renewable district heating and cooling" - Kolding (DK)
From 24th to 25th of November the final event of the EU-financed project „SmartReFlex“ took place in Kolding (DK). Below you will find the presentations of the workshop "Renewable district heating and cooling".
1) Program and invitation
2) Strategic Energy Planning
3) Financing - pre-investment support, bussines plans, tendering procedure
4) Financing - Equipment
5) Project Cases - key learning points, replication possibilities